E.F.P.P.

Stations & Stops of the EFPP

For sure the EFPP, a private railroad with just 20 kms system, would not have many stations along its rails. In fact, mere 3 stations (or really stops), existed, even during the passenger era, between 1914 and 1972. The “0” km of the railroad was at SPR’s Perus station, but there was no station there. During the fifties, the departure had changed from the Perus station to 200 meters ahead, and the “station” was a small “bar”, called “Bar do Durval”. A small platform was erected there. We do not have available photos of this station.
After 1972, the departure for passengers was the west portal of the cement mill, and a small shed was installed there. In this photo, adapted by the author from the “Steam Locomotives-nr.7” published by Koyusha-Japan, whe can see this shed, and the passengers (mainly cement mill employees) waiting the “Ok” to embark.

“Entrocamento”  (in English: Junction) According to the original project, at this point would start the Pirapora branch, but in fact it was just a project. In the early days of operation, there was a triangle for reversion of locomotives some meters ahead of the station. When the photo was taken, the rails had already vanished. Photo: Nilson Rodrigues, 1982

Another photo of the same station, this one in happier times. The whole family of mr. José Machado, the station master, was at celebration in the “ main hall “ . Note the magnificient plate with the “Entroncamento” word. (The plate was stored anywhere and is still in good shape). Photo kindly sent by mr. José Machado, to whom we tanks. Date of photo: approx. 1960

 
1 1