Other Structures


Built in 1903, this was the Combined Groupment Command Post
and Fort Command Post
. It was located near Battery Anderson.
It was torn down late 2001. N 37°01.072 W076°17.941 (USCGS "Tower 28")

Optical instruments inside the tower.

The Fort Monroe Arsenal.
It dates back to the Civil War. (Occupied building - GPS withheld)

The rear of the arsenal.

Old Point Comfort Lighthouse (1802).
The British used it as a lookout post during the War of 1812.
N 37°00.105 W076°18.388 (USCGS)

Entrance to the Coast Artillery Board.

Coast Artillery School. (Occupied building - GPS withheld)

An entrance to the C.A. School.

Former Torpedo/Mining facilities.

Tower foundation on Mill Creek north of Ruggles.

Former Torpedo/Mining facilities.


BACK | HOME

1